Powerful Minds Australia offer services in counselling and a variety of assessments.
We provide a wide range of techniques and therapeutic approaches to meet each patients specific needs across the lifespan. We assist patients to manage depression, anxiety, stress and conflict at home and work, sleep difficulties, deal with grief and loss, transition to work or school, improve social skills, build resilience, motivation, increase self-esteem and confidence, enhance personal relationships, assist with adjustment issues, and manage chronic pain related to somatization.
At any stage of our life we can experience uncertainty of our career path, whether you are a student or looking for a career change. We collaboratively work with each individual towards increasing introspection, explore experience and strengths, consider educational level and use a career assessment and exploration tool to match the individual with career pathways that is suitable to their skills, personality and abilities.
PMA provides a wide range of psychological assessments for children, adolescents, and adults, depending on the reason/s for the assessment. The following assessments are administered by a trained psychologist:
Cognitive/Educational/Intelligence/Specific Learning Difficulties Assessments
- Weschsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV) – is the industry standard assessment tool to measure an adult’s intellectual ability.
- Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V) – is the most recent gold standard assessment tool designed to measure a child’s intellectual ability.
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT-III) – is an individually administered measure of oral language, reading, written language and mathematics.
- Wide Range Achievement Test, (WRAT-5) – measures and monitors fundamental reading, spelling, and maths skills.
- Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS-IV) – Evaluate memory capabilities as part of an adult psychological evaluation.
- Achenbach Child Behaviour Checklist (CBCL-2) – completed by caregivers and/or teachers to identify problem behaviours in children.
- Vineland Adaptive Behaviour Scales (Vineland-3) – the leading instrument for supporting diagnosis of intellectual and development disabilities.
Please consult you doctor for eligibility under the mental health care plan for a Medicare rebate. We welcome self-managed and plan-managed patients under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The cost of the assessment is dependant on the purpose of the assessment, complexity, amount of preparation required and the overall time spent. The cost will include an initial interview, administration of the assessment/s, report, and a feedback session.
When a third party is paying for the report we need pre-approval before we commence. This applies to assessments funded by DVA, DHS, Worksafe, or NDIS.